ตามรอยพระพุทธบาท

นิทานชาดก (เรื่องที่ 28) นิโครธมิคชาดก - ชาดกว่าด้วย "การเลือกคบคน"
webmaster - 20/12/09 at 06:38

...นิทานชาดกนี้ เป็นเรื่องที่เกี่ยวกับ "พระพุทธเจ้า" ขณะที่ยังเป็นพระโพธิสัตว์ พระองค์ได้บำเพ็ญพระบารมีมาในแต่ละชาติ จะเป็นเรื่องจริงที่เกิดขึ้น แล้วได้ตรัสเล่าบุพกรรมเหล่านี้ ซึ่งมีมาในพระไตรปิฎกมากมายหลายเรื่อง

ในตอนนี้ จะขอนำการ์ตูนเรื่องที่ 28 มีชื่อว่า "นิโครธมิคชาดก" (อ่าน..นิโครธะมิคะชาดก) โดยพระพุทธองค์เสวยพระชาติเป็น "พญากวางทอง" จึงขออนุโมทนาไว้ ณ โอกาสนี้ด้วย

นิโครธมิคชาดก : ชาดกว่าด้วย "การเลือกคบคน"

มูลเหตุที่ตรัสชาดก

....สมัยพุทธกาล ณ นครราชคฤห์ ธิดาเศรษฐีผู้หนึ่งเป็นผู้มีรูปร่างงดงาม แต่กลับไม่ยินดีในความงามนั้น เฝ้าขอบิดามารดาบวชเป็นภิกษุณีเสมอแต่ไม่ได้รับอนุญาต เมื่อเจริญวัยบิดามารดาจึงให้แต่งงานกับบุตรเศรษฐี

วันหนึ่งที่เมืองมีงานนักขัตกฤษ์ ชาวเมืองต่างแต่งกายสวยงาม แต่ธิดาเศรษฐีกลับแต่งกายเรียบๆ บอกเหตุกับสามีว่า เพราะมองเห็นความไม่งามของร่างกาย

สามีจึงกล่าวว่า ทำไมเธอจึงไม่บวชเสียเล่า? นางได้ฟังก็ยินดี สามีจึงพาไปบวชเป็นพระภิกษุณีในสำนักของพระเทวทัต เมื่อบวชแล้วนางได้บำเพ็ญกิจของภิกษุณีอย่างเคร่งครัด โดยไม่รู้ตัวว่านางมีครรภ์ก่อนที่จะบวช เมื่อครรภ์ของนางโตขึ้น พระเทวทัตเกรงว่าตนจะเสื่อมเสียชื่อเสียงจึงสั่งให้นางสึก

นางคิดว่าตนบวชเพื่อถวายชีวิตแด่องค์พระสัมมาสัมพุทธเจ้า มิใช่มาบวชเพื่อพระเทวทัต จึงเดินทางไปยังเชตวันมหาวิหารเพื่อเฝ้าพระบรมศาสดา

พระพุทธองค์ทรงทราบด้วยญาณว่า นางเป็นผู้มีศีลบริสุทธิ์ แต่เพื่อคนทั่วไปได้ประจักษ์ จึงโปรดให้ตั้งกรรมการขึ้นพิจารณา

นางวิสาขามหาอุบาสิกาได้ตรวจร่างกายและสอบสวนวัน เดือน ปีที่นางออกบวช ได้ความจริงว่า นางตั้งครรภ์ก่อนออกบวช นางจึงพ้นความผิด

ต่อมานางคลอดบุตรเป็นชายมีผิวพรรณผุดผ่อง พระเจ้าปเสนทิโกศลทรงรับไปเลี้ยงไว้เป็นบุตรบุญธรรม ให้ชื่อว่า พระกุมารกัสสปะ

ครั้นอายุได้ ๗ ขวบ ทราบชาติกำเนิดของตนเกิดความสลดใจ จึงออกบวช ตั้งใจปฏิบัติธรรมจนสำเร็จเป็นพระอรหันต์ผู้เลิศในการแสดงธรรมอันวิจิตร

นางภิกษุณีผู้เป็นมารดา นับแต่ลูกจากไปก็ได้แต่ร้องให้คิดถึงลูกจนไม่มีใจปฏิบัติธรรม เช้าวันหนึ่งบังเอิญได้พบพระกุมารกัสสป จึงร้องเรียกชื่อพระลูกชาย

พระกุมารกัสสปเถระทราบว่า ถ้าหากท่านพูดด้วยถ้อยคำอันไพเราะ มารดาจะตัดความอาลัยไม่ขาด จึงพูดให้สติว่า

“ท่านเที่ยวทำอะไรอยู่นะ! เวลาผ่านมาตั้งนานแล้ว ความอาลัยอาวรณ์แค่นี้ก็ยังตัดไม่ได้” นางได้ยินก็เสียใจ คิดตัดอาลัย จึงตั้งใจปฏิบัติธรรม จนบรรลุธรรมเป็นพระอรหันต์

พระภิกษุได้สนทนาถึงเหตุนี้ พระบรมศาสดาทรงทราบจึงตรัสเรื่อง นิโครธมิคชาดก ดังนี้ :-

เนื้อความของชาดก

.....ณ ป่าใหญ่ มีกวาง ๒ ฝูง พญากวางฝูงหนึ่งชื่อ นิโครธ อีกฝูงพญากวางชื่อ สาขะ มีบริวารฝูงละ ๕๐๐ ตัว

ในครั้งนั้น พระราชาจะเสด็จไปยิงกวางเสมอๆ วันหนึ่งทอดพระเนตรเห็นพญากวางทองทั้งสอง จึงมีพระทัยเมตตารับสั่งไม่ฆ่าพญากวางทั้งสองนี้ แต่ยังคงล่ากวางอื่นๆ

พญากวางจึงปรึกษากันว่า เพื่อไม่ต้องระแวงภัย แต่ละฝูงจะผลัดกันส่งกวางให้ฆ่าวันละ ๑ ตัว อยู่มาวันหนึ่ง ถึงเวรของนางกวางท้องแก่ในฝูงของพญาสาขะ

นางขอร้องพญาสาขะว่า ขอให้นางคลอดลูกก่อนแล้วจะเอาตัวเองไปให้ฆ่าแทน แต่พญาสาขะไม่ยอม นางกวางจึงไปหาพญานิโครธ เพื่อขอความช่วยเหลือ

เมื่อพญานิโครธได้ฟังแล้ว ยอมเสียสละชีวิตตนเองแทน จึงเดินไปที่โรงครัว เอาหัววางบนเขียง เมื่อพ่อครัวมาเห็นจึงรีบกราบทูลพระราชา

พระราชาทราบความจากพญานิโครธเกิดสลดพระทัยดำริว่า แม้สัตว์เดรัจฉานยังมีความเมตตากรุณา จึงประกาศพระราชทานอภัยชีวิตแก่สัตว์ในป่าทั้งหลาย และตั้งอยู่ในศีลธรรมอันดีงามนับแต่นั้นมา

เมื่อพระพุทธองค์ทรงแสดงพระธรรมเทศนาจบแล้ว ชนทั้งหลายต่างบรรลุธรรมตามลำดับชั้น พระพุทธองค์ทรงประชุมชาดกว่า

"พญากวางสาขะ" ได้มาเป็น พระเทวทัต
"แม่กวาง" ภิกษุณีรูปนี้
"พระราชา" ได้มาเป็น พระอานนท์
ส่วน พญากวางนิโครธ ได้แก่พระองค์เอง

พุทธภาษิตจากชาดก

๑. ผู้ที่มีบุญ ย่อมมีปัญญามองเห็นสิ่งต่างๆ ตามความเป็นจริง มองเห็นโทษของวัฏสงสารว่าเป็นทุกข์ แล้วหาทางที่จะออกจากทุกข์นั้น

๒. ผู้ที่มีความตั้งใจจะสร้างบุญบารมี ควรจะตัดความห่วงใยอาลัยรักทั้งหลายให้ได้ ถ้าตัดไม่ได้ จิตใจจะกังวล ไม่อาจบรรลุธรรมขั้นสูงได้

๓. บุตรควรมีความกตัญญูกตเวที คือ รู้คุณ และตอบแทนคุณ บิดามารดา

๔. ผู้นำที่ควรแก่การเคารพสรรเสริญนั้น นอกจากจะต้องมีความสามารถแล้ว ยังต้องมีคุณธรรมอีกด้วย

๕. ผู้ที่ถูกกล่าวหาจะต้องทำใจให้หนักแน่น ยึดมั่นในคุณความดี และอดทนเพื่อรอโอกาสพิสูจน์ความบริสุทธิ์ของตน ถือเสียว่า “มือไม่มีแผล ย่อมไม่กลัวพิษงู ทองบริสุทธิ์อยู่ ย่อมไม่กลัวไฟลน”

ภาพ - wichradio.net
ข้อมูล - kalyanamitra.org

Nikrodhammikachadok Negotiating with others.

Bodhisattva in his incarnations had been born as a deer. When he was out of his mother’s womb, his body was gold, and within his eyes seemed to be filled with diamond jewels. Both of the horns were silver with a face as beautiful as a luxurious piece of red cloth. On both of the front and back feet were as smooth as flattened by marvelous materials with brownish and orange tone of color. The fur of his tails was very furry and pretty. The size of his body is as huge as a new born horse. When he grew up, he had up to 500 companions and within the group of deer; one of the leaders was called Nikrodhammikaraj living in the woods.

Not far from Nikrodhammikaraj, another leader that lived was called Sakha. Along with Sakha, he had approximately up to 500 companions; and Sakha’s body was also gold. In that period of time, his majesty Krungparanasri loved to hunt down animals and would only prefer meat as his meal. If there were no meat for his meal, he would refuse to eat everything that does not contain meat.

When it comes to hunting, he would travel to different rural areas and order the people to welcome him as warmly as possible. People in the rural area would need to stop every activity such as farming and harvest crops and needed to join his majesty Krungparanasri to go hunting with him. People’s daily life of benefits had been destroyed by the nonsense activity of his majesty’s. Profits started to decrease and the amount of crops grown decreased also.

Therefore, people came together and had a meeting with each other; thus came up with the idea of building a zoo for his majesty Krungparanasri, only for the purpose of hunting down animals, so that he doesn't need to rely on us for hunting anymore. So they built a zoo and a place for the deer to drink along with different kinds of plants.

When the zoo is successfully built, they opened the gate and went into the woods, along with different types of weapons to chase in the deer. Chasing the deer around, trying to gather them into the area of 16 kilometers. While chasing, they made the area smaller and smaller, not letting the deer to run away.

When they see a lot of deer, they hit the plants and the ground to scare the deer so they would enter into the gates and closed the gates. Meanwhile, when the deer are all chased into the gates, the people went into the royal palace and told his majesty that, "Your majesty, when you go into the woods to hunt down animals, we people needed to go with you, we missed the opportunity to work and the profits we gained before had dropped rapidly.

Therefore, we decided to build a zoo and filled it up with deer from the woods for the likings of your majesty. So that your majesty could have meat to eat for all year long by not interrupting we people again, your majesty." After of what his majesty heard, his majesty decided to go to the zoo that was built and examine the group of deer. Two of the deer came into his attention, and those two deer's bodies' color was gold; which made his majesty Krungparanasri very satisfied, so he made the command that no one could ever touch these two deer. His majesty decided to hunt down the deers by himself and cooked for himself, but sometimes had ordered the head of the cook to kill the deer for him and cook it for his meal. Every time when the deer saw the arrows shooting towards them, they were extremely frightened, so they tried to escape from the humans by running around as fast as possible and still couldn't escape away from the humans. Some of them are shot and injured with a broken leg.

The deer lived their lives in horror, therefore, they decided to go and bring this issue up to the bodhisattva to find ways to solve to this situation. Bodhisattva then called Sakha and had a conversation, he said, "My beloved friend, death had been coming closer towards our companions now and there are no ways that we can escape from death.

We should compromise and decide for the solution for our benefits. So, from now on, when the hunters come, plead them to not use arrows to shoot our companions, but when his majesty needed meat, we will send our companions to be killed automatically. We will take turns to send our companions." Sakha had agreed with this solution and did what he had been told, by when it is time for the deer to go and be killed, the deer would take its head and put it on the tree trunk, ready for the axe to land on its head, for the royal cook to take it and cook it as his majesty's meal doing this every single day.

Until one day, it was a pregnant female deer's turn, a companion of Sakha. So she went to Sakha for help by saying, "Master, I'm pregnant and it is almost time for me to give birth, could you please let other deer to go first? If I'm done giving birth, I will voluntarily go and get killed." Sakha answered, "I can't break the compromise and the promise I had given, when it is time for a deer to go, that deer must go! No excuses! So go and get killed, being pregnant is your problem, you can't take your personal excuse to be excused for the benefits of the public. You can't refuse this!"

This pregnant female was very disappointed and upset with what her master had told her and had not helped her with her issue. So she decided to find master Nikrod, told everything about her issue; after what he had heard, master Nikrod thought, "Bodhisattva saw others' obstacles as his own too, doesn't care about his own life, will offer help anytime he can because he considered it as his manner to take care his companion like what Bodhisattva did."

Bodhisattva then stated, "It's alright, you go and take care of yourself, I will go for you." Bodhisattva then placed his head on the tree trunk, waiting to be axed; at the moment the royal cook arrived, thought, "This deer had been pardoned by his majesty, but why did he place his head waiting to be axed then?" So he went up to his majesty and told him about this, his majesty then rode to meet this golden deer with his courtiers.

The minute his majesty saw Bodhisattva, he asked with curiosity, "I thought I had pardoned you, but why did you decide to place your head on this tree trunk?" This golden deer answered, "Your majesty, a pregnant female deer had came up to me and pleaded me to substitute her, and after she had given birth, she will voluntarily come. I can't throw this responsibility for anyone else to handle, so I had come here to place my head on this tree trunk, as your majesty could see. Don't you worry your majesty." His majesty Krungparanasri stated, "In our human world, I had never seen any individual that has this much of a kind heart and full of courtesy like you. You're faithful; please stand up, I pardon you and that pregnant female deer also."

The golden deer questioned, "The female pregnant deer and I are pardoned by your majesty, how about those deer?" His majesty answered, "I pardon every other deer too." The golden deer questioned, "The deer you had pardoned are the deer only in the enclosure, and how about the deer in the woods?" His majesty said, "I pardon them also." The golden deer questioned again, "The four-legged animals, the birds in the air, the animals on the land, and the fish in the water, what are you going to do with them, your majesty?" His majesty answered, "I pardon them also."

After the golden deer had gotten pardon from his majesty and suggested his majesty to follow the five percepts and had lecture the king with the idea of Buddhism saying that, "Your majesty, please behave yourself in the rule of dharma along with father, mother, son, daughter, Brahmins, business men, along with the villagers. After your majesty had behaved in the rule of dharma consistently; when you're dead, you will be arriving towards happiness, your majesty."

After the lecture, Bodhisattva and his companions then faced and went into the woods. Later, when the female deer had given birth, after her baby was grown up that it is able to run around, needed to get into master Sakha's companion, the mother told her child, "My darling, don't go to master Sakha's companion, but please go to master Nikrod's companion." Eventually continued, "NO matter who it is, should only go under master Nikrod's companion, but should not go into master Sakha's companion.

To die in the companionship of master Nikrod, is a pleasure, more than to be in the companion of master Sakha." Until then onwards, the deer that had been pardoned by his majesty, had been eating the villager's crops, without the villagers’ ability to solve this problem, because they believed that these deer were pardoned by the king. All of the villagers had been receiving difficulties, so they went to visit the king, told him about this situation. The king said, "I have faith towards those deer, so I pardoned them. I could sacrifice my treasure, but could not break my promise.

You guys move to other lands and no individual could kill nor injure these deer." After master Nikrod had heard everything about this situation, he had called for a meeting to discuss about this issue that had been a big disturbance for the villagers. Master Nikrod had stated, "From now onwards, every one of you, please don't eat the crops that the villagers had grown. If any one of you had broken the rules, the consequences are as followed with your actions that you did." After every deer had understood to what had been stated, the golden deer then told the villagers, "From now on, don't build a fence around the crops you had grown, but tie leaves to make a symbol and put it in the center of your farm."

The villagers then followed what the golden deer had said. The deer also didn't break the rules, because they are obedience to what they had been lectured from master Nikrod. Bodhisattva had lectured his companions like this until he ended his life. And the King had reigned his city with dharma, which had been a pleasure towards the villagers living in his territory.

THE END ....Nikrodhammikachadok... Negotiating with others

น้องนิว แปลเป็นภาษาอังกฤษ - sanghathananimation.multiply.com